Working at Google
Manufacturing New Product Introduction Program Manager - Mountain View
This position is available in Mountain View, CA.
Google is looking for an experienced Program Manager who will be responsible for leading teams that will launch hardware products into mass production.
- Ensure that Google can manufacture new hardware products in mass production without problems.
- Create processes that visibly and repeatably ensure the production launch of products.
- Create a manufacturing plan for new hardware products that fits with other strategic product and business plans.
- Lead cross functional teams in manufacturing, engineering, and with external vendors that prepare for production ramps.
- Through working with NPI teams, ensure that suppliers are ready for mass production in terms of quality, cost, capacity and materials.
- Prepare for risks and changes in schedules.
- Plan flexibility into our supply chain that accounts for risks and changes in demand.
- Plan for transitions from old to new products.
- Report on schedule and risk status on the program to product teams.
- BS/MS, preferrably in a technical or supply chain related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering, with at least 2 years of program management experience.
- An excellent communicator of project requirements and schedules.
- Experience with new product introduction processes related to releasing hardware products into outsourced mass production.
- Experience within some of the followng areas: Mfg Engineering, Outsourced Vendor Management, H/W Engineering Design, Mfg Planning, NPI Purchasing, Electronics Assembly & Test, Mfg Documentation.
- Demonstrated ability/experience to manage complex projects involving team members from multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects with risk with respect to deliverables and how to mitigate those risks.
- Knowledgeable about typical H/W Electronics BOM's, Process Documentation, Assembly & Test processes.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency
resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company
location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.